Elinchrom Showcases the Superfast ELC Pro HD 500
Elinchrom has some fun activities lined up at photokina 2014. Today, on the first day that the expo opens itself to the common public, the company at its booth will showcase the winning entries of the Best Setups contest, where users get to show the behind-the-scenes of their most innovative uses of Elinchrom equipment.
Along with these setups, the Elinchrom booth will also showcase the ELC Pro HD Compact 500 studio flash unit.
The ELC Pro HD 500 is the first of its kind to incorporate an OLED screen for the display of controls. It comes with a jog wheel for easy navigation. The stop based power cell enables the user to see flash durations and power in joules.
It offers a remarkable efficiency with its recycling speed of about 0.6 seconds to full power. The flash durations are as fast as 1/5000 sec in the t(o.5) mode, enabling the user to freeze motion. According to the company, consistency is assured, in terms of the power output and colour temperature, throughout all consecutive shots.
Following are the three flash modes of the ELC Pro HD 500:
Sequence Mode–It allows you to sequentially trigger up to 20 ELCs in bursts or as a continuous cycle, to utilise the high frame rate of your camera.
Delayed Mode–It allows you to choose between first or second curtain sync and also lets you customise as per your requirement.
Strobo Mode–It enables you to use a stroboscopic effect in a single picture.
So whether its capturing the fluid movement of a dancer, of even freezing their every move, these three modes are ideal.
Salient Features of The ELC Pro HD 500
- Built-in EL-Skyport receiver for triggering.
- EL-Skyport with 8 Frequency Channels with 4 Groups.
- EL-Skyport Speed Sync mode for synchronization up to a 1/320 s on enabled SLR cameras.
- Intelligent pre-flash detector system to enable the use of ELC units with speedlights.
- 7 f-stop range.
- Action freezing flash durations at full power – 1/2330 s. at t(0.5)-with flash durations up to a 1/5000 s.
- Fastest recycling times always maintaining best stability.
- Up to 20 flashes per second.
- Super balanced colour temperature with +/- 150K°
- Power Auto-dump.
- Multi-voltage auto-detection: 90-270 V (excluding modelling lamp).
- Low 5 V sync voltage protecting all digital camera systems.
- Intelligent low noise fan; The electronically controlled fan spins slower or faster depending on the internal temperature of the unit.
- High impact resistant and fire retardant body shell.
- Accessory bayonet allowing the complete range of light modifiers.
Watch this video to know more about this ELC Pro HD 500: