CEIF 2018: In Conversation with Sainath Shetty, Creative Peripherals
What is your stall number at CEIF 2018?
E6 & E72.
Please provide a short statement about your company, your division and about your presence at CEIF 2018.
Creative Peripherals & Distribution Ltd. Founded in 1992. Creative Peripherals has partnered with number of renowned brands specializing in IT, Lifestyle, Imaging, and Security products. Under Imaging segment we cater Manfrotto, GoPro, Olympus. For the time ever will exhibit and display all brands by Manfrotto at one place. This time at CEIF 2018 we are showcasing some of our key offerings which include Manfrotto, Lastolite, Gitzo, National Geographic, Lowepro & Joby.
- What are the most important products at your stall?
Manfrotto Tripods, Heads, Bags, Joby, Lowepro Bags, Gitzo Tripod and Heads.
- Are there special sections or displays at your stall that visitors can look forward to?
This CEIF 2018 we are having Lastolite & Colorama studio at our stall.
- Are there any product demonstrations, or events at CEIF 2018 (time, dates and locations), or elsewhere in Mumbai, that you would like to share with our audience?
All range of Manfrotto products will be available for product demonstration.
- Even as markets get more specialised, what do people look for today, in terms of your product categories?
Creative Peripherals as a distributor, we always believe in up-gradation and market being dynamic in terms of demand and supply. In our Imaging segment we have diverse product portfolio which includes Manfrotto, Olympus and GoPro. These brands and products are different from the league and cater to specific target group like advanced users or professionals. If we talk about GoPro, it is highly in demand amongst travelers and adventure enthusiast. Moving on to Olympus it’s an eye candy for professional photographers, photographers switch from DSLR to compact series and high end camera to upgrade themselves. Manfrotto being into photo and video support products, it is in demand amongst professional, commercial photographers, videographers and hobbyists.
- What have been some of your biggest successes in recent years?
Our recent biggest success is, we have been awarded by Reliance Digital for TAT (turnaround time) and SLA (Service Level Agreement) over other distributors.
- What are you expectations in the coming year, in terms of growth?
2018 is going to be important for us and for our Imaging business, it’s a bang on for us as we are starting this year with CEIF 2018 which is world’s 3rd largest photography expo. This year is also important for us in terms of business and YOY growth and to capture market share.
- In hindsight and from your experience, if there are issues that need to be resolved for India to take more significant strides into the future, what would those issues and their solutions be?
In India the challenge for us is that camera and photography products have a 28% GST levied on them. To resolve this, we are giving discounts on all camera products and accessories.